Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Ham and cheese potato soup
Ham and cheese potato soup. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham.
You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish. Pro tip-use pre-shredded cheese to make the recipe even easier. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make! You can have Ham and cheese potato soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese potato soup
- You need 6 of peeled and diced russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of diced onion.
- It’s 2 cup of diced cooked ham.
- You need 2 cup of shredded Velveeta.
- It’s of salt,pepper, cayenne,celery seed, sage and thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery.
- You need 2 of chicken boulion cubes.
The perfect way to use up your ham leftovers. Ham soup filled to the brim with soft, tender potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and the option of making your own ham broth from a leftover ham bone! This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham. It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook.
Ham and cheese potato soup instructions
- Salt and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee the onion and crisp the ham.
- Drain potatoes reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water(I usually add 2 chicken boulion cubes for extra flavor).
- In the stockpot combine butter and flour to make a rue..
- Add milk water and seasonings and bring to boil stirring constantly then reduce to simmer.
- Add in ham n onions the cheese and the cream of celery and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the cooked potatoes back and season to taste. Let simmer about 30-40 minutes and ENJOY.
The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk The best part of slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is that they're perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to school or for. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas and I wanted to try another Potato Soup recipe, but thought I'd try one that had ham in it, hoping it would be just as good as our old potato soup recipe. Serve with lots of fresh homemade bread and some cheese and presto, a delicious dinner.