Recipe: Yummy Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Bean Soup.
You can have Ham and Bean Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Cooked diced ham.
- Prepare 72 oz of Chicken broth.
- It’s 48 oz of Great Northern Beans or 1lb dry.
- Prepare 5 of medium Idaho Potatoes.
- You need 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Course Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Nature Seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
Ham and Bean Soup step by step
- If you are using dry beans make sure to cover in about 2 inches of water overnight with a little bit of baking soda in it. Drain & rinse well before adding to the cooking pot..
- Once that is taken care of, add all of the ingredients to the crock pot & cook on low..
- If no crockpot, add the beans and the rest of the ingredients to the cooking pot and bring to a boil..
- Now that it is boiling turn down to a simmer stirring every 20 minutes for 90-120 minutes or until the meat, potatoes, & beans are tender..