Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup
Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup. Creamy Broccoli & Bacon in a Garlic Parmesan sauce is a delicious broccoli recipe and side dish! Pan fried broccoli and crispy bacon are baked in a cheesy creamy parmesan garlic sauce topped. Move over Cream of Broccoli Soup -This recipe for Healthy Creamy Broccoli Soup is a no cream version with the indulgent flavor and no guilt.
A made-from-scratch Broccoli Casserole with tender broccoli baked in a creamy parmesan garlic cheese sauce. Mix together the crème fraîche, mustard and lemon juice. This simple creamy broccoli pasta recipe makes an excellent everyday meal with a tossed salad, or serve it as a side dish with grilled meat, chicken, or fish and sliced tomatoes. You can cook Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup
- It’s 1 head of Broccoli, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of large Onions, chopped.
- It’s 2 sticks of Celery, in 1 cm slices.
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes, diced.
- You need 1 of Leek, in 1 cm slices.
- It’s 1 3/4 litres of Ham stock. I used ham stock from a large gammon joint cooked the previous day but, if homemade stock isn’t available, good quality stock cubes work fine.
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare of Butter, preferably unsalted.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Crème Fraîche.
- You need 200-250 g of Stilton cheese.
Serve this Creamy Broccoli Slaw at your next barbecue for a nutrient-dense twist on an American The humble coleslaw you grew up with gets a phytonutrient boost in this Creamy Broccoli Slaw with. Creamy Broccoli Soup. featured in Healthy Holiday Leftovers. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Creamy Broccoli Casserole. "MOTHER called this her secret recipe, and to this day, I'm not quite sure I have all the ingredients she used in it.
Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or very large saucepan. Add the onions and gently fry for two minutes, resisting the temptation to stir unless the onions appear to be sticking. If so, add a splash of water..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry another minute..
- Add the celery and leeks and a generous knob of butter. Stir to ensure all the veg are coated with a little oil/butter and continue to fry gently for another three minutes..
- Add the potatoes and any well-chopped broccoli stalks, stir and then add the stock. Stir well and then add the rest of the broccoli. Cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat, stir well and leave on a medium simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are softened..
- Stir, taste and season with pepper but not salt. Remove from heat..
- In batches, whizz in a blender to a smooth consistency. Transfer to a saucepan and reheat..
- Crumble the Stilton cheese into the hot soup and give it all a good stir until it has melted..
- Serve piping hot with a small dollop of crème fraîche per individual bowl. Accompany with granary bread or crusty roll. Not too much soup or bread if the soup is just a starter as this soup is fairly filling..
But it still tastes great, so who knows—maybe I acquired. Broccoli is a popular choice for soups since it becomes tender and flavorful as it cooks in chicken or vegetable stock. Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells and Cheese. This Chicken and Broccoli Pasta tastes like a dressed up version of the boxed shells and cheese you grew up eating! Her recipe called for Italian sausages but since the Italian isn't a great lover of sausages (crazy I know),I decided to switch it up with Pancetta instead.