Quick and easy red lentil soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole. This red lentil soup is just perfect for any season.
So, enough about the benefits of lentils, here's how to enjoy them by making this quick and easy red lentil soup inspired by the Lebanese cuisine! 🙂. This hearty red lentil soup is made with simple ingredients like onions, leeks, carrots, celery, crushed canned tomatoes, and red split lentils. A delicious (naturally gluten free and vegetarian friendly) soup that will quickly become a weeknight favorite! You can cook Quick and easy red lentil soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick and easy red lentil soup
- It’s 1 1/4 l of home-made ham stock.
- You need 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, chopped small.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped small.
- It’s 175 g of red lentils.
- You need 1 of ham stock cube.
- You need A few of small bits of ham, if you have any spare (optional).
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
I'm back after taking a few weeks to. Red lentil, chickpea and chilli soup. Packed full of middle eastern flavours, this winter warming lentil soup recipe makes a great healthy midweek dinner or lunch option. All of this makes this recipe for curried red lentil soup from scratch quick and easy to make.
Quick and easy red lentil soup instructions
- Put all the ingredients except the pepper in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to avoid sticking..
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Taste and season with pepper if wished. Salt should not be necessary with home-made ham stock..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread, crusty rolls or whatever you fancy!.
This creamy red lentil soup is an easy vegetarian dinner recipe that's ready in under an hour. Serve it with a side salad or fresh bread for a full meal. Of any of the lentil varieties, the texture of red lentils breaks down the quickest. This makes it perfect for a creamy, pureed soup like this red lentil soup. This one-pot healthy lentil soup recipe is so easy to make, great for vegetarians and meat eaters I haven't tried red lentils here, but many readers have commented that they've successfully made Once done, cancel and carefully do a quick release.