How to Cook Delicious Red lentil, potato and ham soup
Red lentil, potato and ham soup. Adding potatoes to this Easy Lentil Potato Soup makes is a lot more nutritious and filling. I've found out that soups with just lentils tend to often be Green lentils work best in this Easy Lentil Potato Soup Recipe. This time I used a combination of red split, green and black lentils, that my husband.
The soup is a quick and easy preparation you'll make again and again. For a heartier dinner soup, add some extra diced leftover ham along with the ham bone or ham hock. Cooked sliced smoked sausage or diced cooked. You can cook Red lentil, potato and ham soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red lentil, potato and ham soup
- Prepare of soup.
- You need 1 of ham shank.
- You need 1 lb of Red lentil.
- You need 7 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of coarse salt.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of water.
Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to make and perfect to use up any leftovers! Picky eaters will ask for seconds. Ham and Potato Soup simmers away on the stove, pretty much taking care of itself, thickening into a delicious creamy base. This lentil soup with ham is a combination of two soup recipes I came across and adapted.
Red lentil, potato and ham soup step by step
- Soak the lentils over night.
- Place ham shank in your crock pot with 1 litre of water and the salt. Dont over salt it, the ham could have enough. You could always add more if needed.
- Cook on slow for 6 hours.
- Drain the water from the lentils.
- Add to the crock pot and cook for a further 4 hours. Add the rest of the water..
I often serve it for Sunday dinner, making enough so there are leftovers for my husband's lunch thermos. Moroccan Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup – This is a healthy, hearty vegetarian soup that's so deliciously flavorful no one will even miss the meat! Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and lentils. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes have softened, about. This hearty and delicious Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Red Lentil Soup ticks all the boxes: healthy, vegan, gluten free and Slimming World friendly.