Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE.
You can cook Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare Knob of butter optional.
- You need 2 of large onions finely diced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes peeled & diced.
- You need 1 kg of frozen peas.
- You need 2 litres of really good ham or pork stock.
- You need of (I make my own from I ham hock).
- You need 600 grams of good quality ham.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of large tbs of creme fraiche (optional).
Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE instructions
- ON THE HOB! Lets get cooking ! Take a large pan, pour in the olive oil and butter (optional), turn it up to a medium heat. When the pan is warm throw in the onions..
- Keep stirring the onions until soft, then tip in the potatoes, stirring well so all the butter goodness covers them..
- Pour in the stock! Simmer on a medium heat, this should take about ten minutes or until the potatoes are soft..
- Throw in the peas. Note:- The key to keeping the soups so vibrant and bright green is to let them soften only for a minute, that's once they have started to simmer. Remove from the heat. And using a hand blender blitz to desired consistency..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, (if you are using ham hock stock be careful as the ham bone can already be quite salty) Pour into bowls stir in the ham slices. I added crème fraiche for the extra luxury. It's as easy as that! I would be happy to hear from you with any thoughts and questions. Enjoy!.
- This is how I make the ham stock, from a butcher a buy an un cooked ham hock, add it to a pan full of water, with herbs onion and carrot, simmer it for 2 to 3 hours! Skim off any scum. Lift out and take the ham off the bone!.