Lentil soup in coconut milk. The tomatoes, and coconut milk help so much. I will make it again and again. Maybe I am coming around to legumes I use Trader Joe's precooked lentils and it comes together super fast.
In fact, I am a firm believer After the lentils have started to cook and thicken, add the coconut milk to the pot. Stir well to combine and continue to cook, covered, over low heat for. Lentil Soup With Canned Lentils Recipes. You can cook Lentil soup in coconut milk using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil soup in coconut milk
- You need 2 cups of lentils(daal).
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s of Dania.
- You need 7 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- You need 1/2 tbs of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of jeera.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Green chillies(optional).
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
Curried lentil soup recipe featuring coconut milk, fresh lime, cilantro and toasted coriander, cumin and cardamom. Red Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk accounts as a slow cooker promising meal. In Slow Cooker – To make red lentil soup in slow cooker, dump all the ingredients except lemon juice and coconut milk in the pot of your slow cooker. All I need in the world is a good bowl of soup, and a crusty piece of bread.
Lentil soup in coconut milk step by step
- Boil your lentils till well done.blend and set aside.
- Take onions, tomatoes, garlic, Dania and blend them together..
- In your pan add oil then mustard and jeera seeds after 20sec add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Now add your blended mixture and turmeric powder. Cook for approximately 5min..
- Now add your blended lentils and salt to taste..
- Add 1½cup of coconut milk..
- Simmer and cook for 15min..
The soup gets its creaminess from the addition of full-fat coconut milk and, wait for it…GHEE! Is yesterday's crazy-long butter post starting to make sense now? This curried coconut lentil soup is so vibrant and is so creamy delicious! It is packed with flavor from the curry and spices. The coconut milk gives it a luxuriously creamy texture.