KCs Split Pea Soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is the best split pea soup recipe! I've made it three times, and am making it again right now with the ham bone left over from Easter dinner.
There's something about winter that just begs for the making of split pea soup, wouldn't you agree? It's soup weather, and split pea soup is one of my personal favorites! It's so easy to whip up, you'll never eat it from a can again. You can cook KCs Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of KCs Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of dried,split peas.
- You need 2 quart of cold water.
- It’s 2 of onions, thinly chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of dried marjoram.
- It’s 3 of stalks celery, chopped.
- It’s 3 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 of potato,chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of chopped ham.
To be honest, I've always been on the fence about split pea soup, as it always seemed a bit ho-hum to me, but this recipe changed my opinion. Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea. It is, with variations, a part of the cuisine of many cultures. It is most often greyish-green or yellow in color depending on the regional variety of peas used; all are cultivars of Pisum sativum.
KCs Split Pea Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot, cover peas with cold water and soak overnight.
- add remaining ingredients and cook slowly, uncovered 30-40 minutes until vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
Freezing Split Pea and Ham Soup: Portion the soup into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers or fill an airtight container as much as possible (to To Freeze Split Pea and Ham Soup Freezer Bags: Fill three-quarters of the way up, force out as much air as possible before sealing and store flat in the. Hearty, protein packed split pea soup made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful.