Easiest Way to Make Perfect Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Creamy Wild Rice Soup. Instant wild rice is cooked in chicken broth with shredded chicken, then combined with thickened cream for a quick soup. All Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
Friends and family alike rave about the unbeatable combination of down-home flavors. Cozying up to a bowl of this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup on a cold, winter day will warm you right up! Perfect for meal prep and freezer-friendly, too. You can have Creamy Wild Rice Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Wild Rice Soup
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 of shredded carrot.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of wild rice.
- You need 2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
In my recipe, I keep the veggie base, using aromatic carrots, celery, scallions, rosemary, thyme, and mushrooms, and I add a bunch of kale for a green finish. Instead of using cream or milk, I make the lightly creamy base with a vegan blend of almond milk, cashews. Can you make chicken and wild rice soup in the slow cooker? To adapt this recipe for the slow cooker, first do not cut the chicken breasts in half (leave I really liked this recipe.
Creamy Wild Rice Soup step by step
- Saute veggies and ham in butter until onion is clear..
- Add flour and cook 3-5 minutes, will be very thick..
- Using a wire whip, blend in water and chicken stock. Bring to a boil stirring constantly..
- Reduce heat, add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes..
I made a slight change to reduce the amount of cream and roux and was still creamy and tasty, will definitely keep this in mind. To make this vegan creamy cauliflower wild rice soup, you'll start by cooking a cup of wild rice. About halfway through cooking the rice, you'll get to work on the other elements of the soup. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and then add four cups of fresh cauliflower florets and boil until tender. Pure comfort and totally right for all that feels wrong.