Raw Papaya Soup in Coconut Milk.
You can have Raw Papaya Soup in Coconut Milk using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Raw Papaya Soup in Coconut Milk
- Prepare 1 of medium size raw papaya, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of fennel powder.
- You need 1-2 of green chilies, slit.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sugar (opt).
- You need 2 cups of thin coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ghee.
- You need 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of red chilli flakes.
Raw Papaya Soup in Coconut Milk instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper with cumin seeds and bay leaves. Saute for a few seconds and then add the papaya, salt, turmeric powder, sugar, cumin powder, fennel powder and green chilies..
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the thin coconut milk and pepper powder. Cover and simmer on a low flame till the papaya turns soft..
- Switch off the flame and add the thick coconut milk, garam masala powder and ghee. Mix well and leave it covered for 4-5 minutes. Serve, garnished with chilli flakes and coriander leaves..