Easiest Way to Make Perfect Chunky Potato Soup
Chunky Potato Soup.
You can have Chunky Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chunky Potato Soup
- You need 3 medium of red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of cubed, cooked ham.
Chunky Potato Soup step by step
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender..
- Drain, reserving liquid..
- Set aside potatoes..
- Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary. set aside..
- Peel and finely chop onion..
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat..
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown..
- Add flour to saucepan..
- Season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste..
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes..
- Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in sauce. stir well..
- Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently..