Recipe: Perfect Wonderful Baked Potato Soup
Wonderful Baked Potato Soup. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux. The secret to slimming it down is swapping part of the potatoes with cauliflower, you can't even tell! This has been one of my most popular soup recipes.
Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with sour cream (from a squeeze bottle), sprinkle with remaining bacon bits, grated cheese and chives. baked potato soup. We're on day two of something called a "wintry mix" which I So I was almost done with soup when I starting thinking about baked potatoes and how it's been too long since I had a great one and how awesome. Loaded Baked Potato Soup is my definition of pure comfort food. You can have Wonderful Baked Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wonderful Baked Potato Soup
- You need 5 of Potatoes, baked and cooled.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 5 of Green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 2/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 6 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shedded Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 8 oz of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 3 cup of Ham, cut into chuncks.
- It’s 2 slice of Bacon, cooked and crumbled.
All you need is a warm bowl of it, some crusty bread and a comfy blanket. Also, adding some bacon to cook with the potatoes will add an amazingly rich flavor to the soup. Using fresh onion and garlic will also add lots of flavors. Whenever we have baked potatoes for dinner, I always bake a few extra just for this soup.
Wonderful Baked Potato Soup step by step
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; use a spoon to separate the potato from the skins. Discard skins. Set potato aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 4 of the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in flour, stirring constantly until smooth until smooth.
- Stir in milk and increase heat to high. Continue to stir until mixture thickens..
- Lower heat to medium; add potato, cheese, ham, salt, and pepper. Heat through until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream..
- Garnish bowls of soup with cheese, onions, and crumbled bacon..
- This also makes amazing left overs!.
This thickens the soup and adds a wonderful level of flavor. The key is to cook the roux until it changes into a very lovely brown color and smells kind of nutty and caramelly. Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently. This Baked Potato Soup Tastes Just Like Disneyland's Version From Carnation Cafe. It's Loaded With Flavor And Is Filled With Russet And Red Potatoes, Carrots, Bacon, Cheese And More.