Recipe: Tasty potato soup
potato soup. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious.
Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor! This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished with a little cream for extra richness. All Reviews for Absolutely Ultimate Potato Soup. You can have potato soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of potato soup
- You need 2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 cup of cubed ham.
- It’s 1 each of chicken boullion cube.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 6 small of red potatoes.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of evaporated milk.
This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting! With only a few ingredients this soup comes together quickly on the stovetop. Load it up with all your favorite toppings for the ultimate in comfort. Potato soup is such a fall classic.
potato soup step by step
- put everything, except, butter flour and evaporated milk into crock pot, cook on low 5-6 hours, one hour before its done add roux. for the roux, in saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour until thick, stir in evaporated milk, constantly stirring til thick, mix into crock pot and continue cooking the soup another hour..
Tender pieces of creamy russet potatoes mingle with onions, garlic, and salty pancetta for a bowl of soul-soothing solace. The only possible upgrade to this classic is to. Creamy Potato Soup – AMAZING simple comfort food made without cream-of-anything soups. Carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, bacon, butter, flour, milk. It really is the best potato soup recipe, ever.