How to Prepare Tasty Hearty Split Pea Soup
Hearty Split Pea Soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is the best split pea soup recipe! I've made it three times, and am making it again right now with the ham bone left over from Easter dinner.
I also sautéed the vegetables before adding the water. Poultry seasoning, marjoram and basil were. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. You can cook Hearty Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hearty Split Pea Soup
- You need 450 grams of dried split peas.
- Prepare 270 grams of diced cooked ham.
- You need 3 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 110 grams of chopped onions.
- Prepare 130 grams of diced carrots.
- It’s 6 grams of garlic cloves, diced.
- You need 3 grams of salt.
- Prepare 1 grams of pepper.
- It’s 1185 ml of water.
- Prepare 235 ml of hot milk.
This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. There's something about winter that just begs for the making of split pea soup, wouldn't you agree? Add split peas, stir to coat with fat, and add bay leaves and stock. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
Hearty Split Pea Soup instructions
- In a slow cooker, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed (do not stir)..
- Cover and cook on high for 4 – 5 hours or until vegetables are tender..
- Add milk, mash to desired consistancy, stir and serve.
This amazing recipe for Split Pea & Ham soup is made using a ham bone or ham hocks. It can also be made in a slow cooker or on the stovetop. A delicious soup that's great for using up baked ham leftovers. It's a hearty soup substantial enough to have as a meal. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier.