Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Yankee Bean Soup
Yankee Bean Soup.
You can cook Yankee Bean Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yankee Bean Soup
- It’s 1/2 cup of bacon grease.
- You need 1 of onion – chopped.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery – chopped.
- Prepare 4 of carrots -chopped.
- It’s 10 of potatoes – diced.
- You need 8 oz of ham – diced.
- You need 2 can of beans.
- It’s 6 oz of tomato paste.
Yankee Bean Soup step by step
- saute onions in bacon grease for 20 minutes.
- add grease, onions and vegetables to 2 quarts of water and the potatoes in a large pot, bring to boil and then simmer at lower heat for 45 minutes.
- add beans, ham, tomato paste and pepper and cook 15 more minutes.