Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup
- You need of Dry.
- Prepare 16 oz of Split Peas, Dried.
- Prepare 1 large of Ham Hock.
- You need 3 medium of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 each of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley, dried.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil, dried.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cilantro, dried.
- Prepare of Wet.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Sriracha sauce.
Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup instructions
- Rinse and sort the split peas to remove any foreign matter..
- Add all the dry group ingredients, in order, layered into a large slow-cooker..
- Pour in the water slowly. Do not stir..
- Add the worcestershire and Sriracha sauce..
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low (preferred,) until peas are soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf..
- To thicken the soup, if desired, mash some of the peas..
- Serve hot. Sourdough bread makes for an excellent accompanying side..