Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Irish Potato Soup
Irish Potato Soup.
You can have Irish Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irish Potato Soup
- Prepare of soup.
- You need 5 tbsp of reserved bacon fat.
- You need 1 cup of minced onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 lb of russet potatoes, cleaned and large dice.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of cooked ham, large cube cuts.
- Prepare 3 cup of fresh kale, rough chop.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh corn cut off the cob.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Irish Potato Soup instructions
- I suggest to have all your items prepped and ready as this dish gets ready very quickly..
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt bacon fat..
- Sweat onions in fat, this just cooks them until they turn translucent. Add in salt and worcestershire sauce..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and stir and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add stock and whisk until smooth and it comes to a low boil. If mixture is too thick add a small amount of extra stock..
- Add in all the other ingredients. Stir well, lower heat to medium low. Cover and cook 25 minutes..
- Serve with a side salad or hot fresh bread. Enjoy..
- Recipe by taylor68too..