Recipe: Appetizing Slow-cooker Potato Soup
Slow-cooker Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy The keywords, of course, being slow cooker. Many of you have already discovered my classic Potato Soup recipe on the blog, which will forever. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. I love potatoes but can't stand the work involved in making mashed potatoes from scratch. I came up with this simple side dish that was made even easier thanks to my slow cooker. You can have Slow-cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Potato Soup
- You need 5 lb of potatoes, scrubbed and diced to 1in pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot, raw and finely diced.
- You need 1 cup of celery, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 8 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of diced ham or smoked pork picnic shoulder (bought precooked).
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- It’s 2 cup of dried potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes).
- It’s 1 packages of cream cheese (8oz, softened).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
The best part is I can use the leftover broth for soup the next day! The refined flavor of potatoes and leeks are often overshadowed by bacon and fennel, so here we've gone back to basics, simmering the classic combo all day in the slow cooker. This potato leek soup is heavy on the leeks, with just enough potato to give the soup its signature creamy texture. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and The best part of slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is that they're perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to school or for.
Slow-cooker Potato Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes to 7 qt crockpot. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Add cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes. Stir to combine CAREFULLY , crock pot will be VERY FULL. Taste soup and add desired salt and pepper. Put lid back on pot and continue to cook on high for 20-30 minutes (this ensures the cream cheese breaks down completely). Stir and serve..
- Notes : Easy with the salt as both the stock and ham will already be full of sodium. Potato flakes can be adjusted for desired consistancy. No, you don't peel the potatoes. To keep left overs and serve again, cool crock pot down at room temp and put in fridge overnight, an hour before serving heat on low. Do NOT leave on warm overnight or you'll just have a goopy pot of mashed potatoes..
It may be cooked on the stove or in a slow cooker. Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work! I've hesitated to make potato soup for quite some time because all I could think about is how creamy and carby it must be. Surely it's not good for me to eat that every day, right?