Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles.
You can cook Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles
- It’s of Soup.
- You need 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Prepare 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 64 oz of Water.
- Prepare 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- You need 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 3 medium of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s of Ribbles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Water.
Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles step by step
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..