Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Potato soup
Potato soup. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious.
Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor! This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished with a little cream for extra richness. All Reviews for Absolutely Ultimate Potato Soup. You can have Potato soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- You need 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 8 medium of potatoes, peeled peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of optional additons: ham, bacon, broccoli, cheese, shredded carrots…..
This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting! With only a few ingredients this soup comes together quickly on the stovetop. Load it up with all your favorite toppings for the ultimate in comfort. Potato soup is such a fall classic.
Potato soup instructions
- In stock pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and cook and stir until golden..
- ***If using meat, cook it with the onions in the butter..
- Add 3 cups water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil..
- Add potatoes and return to a low boil. Cook until done, about 10-15 minutes..
- Add milk..
- In small container with lid, place flour and 2/3 cup water. Shake until smooth. Add to pot..
- With potato masher, slightly mash the potatoes..
- Simmer until thickened..
Tender pieces of creamy russet potatoes mingle with onions, garlic, and salty pancetta for a bowl of soul-soothing solace. The only possible upgrade to this classic is to. Whip up this simple soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a beautiful silky texture. Having grown up on a dairy farm in Holland, I love our country life here in Idaho's "potato country." My favorite recipe for potato soup originally called for heavy cream and bacon fat. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make!