Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup. A delicious French classic, chicken cordon bleu is made of chicken breasts stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. Fall has still not shown its face here in South Florida. My husband has memories of trick-or-treating in a big winter jacket so your Halloween costume wasn't really even seen.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is a rich and cheesy soup that warms you from the inside out. The best part is that this dish can easily be made quickly on the stove top or it can simmer all day in the slow. This is a wonderful addition to potlucks, and it comes together so easily! You can have Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- You need 4 cup of Whole Milk.
- It’s 1 lb of Skinless boneless chicken cutlets.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 of Ham steak.
- You need 1 of Chive and onion cream cheese softened.
Literally translated, cordon bleu means "blue ribbon" and once was the term for food prepared to the highest level of quality. Chicken Cordon Bleu SoupThe flavors of chicken cordon bleu in a soup! From Erica Kastner of Buttered Side Up. Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup reminds me of my Lasagna Soup in that it boasts all the flavors of your favorite meal without all the work – winning!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup instructions
- Place 1 tablespoon of the milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl..
- Add chicken pieces toss to coat.
- Add breadcrumbs press to coat set aside.
- In a 4 quart sauce pan heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat.
- Add flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook stirring 2 to 3 minutes until thick n golden brown.
- Slowly stream in remaining milk beating constantly with whisk.
- Stir in diced ham steak.
- Heat just to simmering then reduce to low and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- In a 10 inch skillet heat olive oil add breadcrumb crusted chicken.
- Cook until no longer pink.
- Add chicken to soup mix together.
- Spoon into bowl server and Enjoy!.
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is not only the answer to your ham leftovers but to your weeknight dinner dilemma! My EASY Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe. All the flavour, all the crunch, healthier and far easier! Served with an incredible Dijon cream sauce. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs.