ham and potatoe soup. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make! The perfect way to use up your ham leftovers.
We are constantly keeping out slow cookers going in the winter for soups, especially this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup. Once the potatoes are soft, give the soup a taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed. Just made this tonight and blended the soup with my immersion blender before I added the ham and it was delicious! You can cook ham and potatoe soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ham and potatoe soup
- Prepare 1/2 of gallon milk.
- Prepare 2 quart of half and half.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 lb of Ham — diced.
- It’s 5 lb of Potatoes —cubed.
- It’s 1 bunch of celery —chopped small.
I usually make this to use up leftover ham. This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don't put celery in mine. Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness.
ham and potatoe soup step by step
- Add milk, Half and half to large double boiler and bring to boil.
- Add ham, potatoes, and celery to pot and boil..
- Once potatoes are tender add slerry and simmer once it starts to thickin reduce heat to simmer for 20 min then remove from heat and ice bath till cool..
When I was a cook in a restaurant years ago, this was our best-selling soup. I was in a hurry, so I only added the potatoes for the veggies, and had extra ham so put that in too. I also left out the butter and used. Add the ham, potatoes, vegetable stock and heavy cream to the Instant Pot. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and close the lid.