How to Cook Appetizing Creamy ham and potato soup
Creamy ham and potato soup. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make! The perfect way to use up your ham leftovers. Ham soup filled to the brim with soft, tender potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and the option of making your own ham broth from a leftover ham bone!
It's chock-full of veggies and garlic and lots of golden potatoes. It's the perfect use for leftover ham (or even bacon) after a big holiday meal. Combine potatoes, onion, turkey, ham, celery, carrots, asparagus, peas, and butternut squash in a large pot. You can have Creamy ham and potato soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy ham and potato soup
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of pealed and diced potatoes.
- You need 1/3 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of diced cooked ham.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
Pour chicken broth and water over mixture; bring to a Very good. I used chicken bouillon and all milk for the liquid in the soup. Did not have turkey, just used more ham. A hearty soup to take the chill off and fill your belly!
Creamy ham and potato soup step by step
- Combine the potatoes celery onion carrot ham and chicken broth in a stockpot. Bring to boil then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 mins. Stir in salt and pepper..
- And a separate saucepan melt butter over medium low heat. With and flower with a fort and cook stirring constantly until thick about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk so that lumps don't form in until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium low heat until thick. 4 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stock pot and cook soup until heated through..
- Top with cheddar cheese chives and bacon if desired.
This Creamy Ham and Potato Soup comes together in about thirty minutes making it the ideal wholesome weeknight meal. It is chock full of ham, potatoes, onions, carrots and celery in a creamy lightly seasoned broth. Anytime of the year is perfect for a good warm bowl of soup. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes. For this recipe, I'm using Russet potatoes.