potato and ham soup. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make! The perfect way to use up your ham leftovers.
This ham and potato soup is made with diced ham, Russet potatoes, carrots, celery and white cheddar cheese, all in a thick and creamy broth. An easy dinner option that's hearty, comforting and quick to make! Seriously, this delicious recipe is everything I love in a warm soup during the wintertime. You can have potato and ham soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of potato and ham soup
- You need 6 medium of potatos.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of ham.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley flakes.
It's nice and rich and creamy (using only milk, no heavy cream). It's chock-full of veggies and garlic and lots of golden potatoes. It's the perfect use for leftover ham (or even bacon) after a big holiday meal. I usually make this to use up leftover ham.
potato and ham soup step by step
- boil potatoes and onion until tender..
- drain and keep potato water.
- add butter wait until butter melts.
- add flour and ham mix well.
- add 4 cups potato water; milk and parsley flakes.
- turn heat to med cook until soup thickens which should be in about 5 mins.
This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. A hearty soup to take the chill off and fill your belly! Homemade ham and potato soup is thick and creamy!