Recipe: Tasty split pea and ham soup
split pea and ham soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Once peas are soaked, add ham bone, onion, salt, pepper and marjoram. Freezing Split Pea and Ham Soup: Portion the soup into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers or fill an airtight container as much as possible (to To Freeze Split Pea and Ham Soup Freezer Bags: Fill three-quarters of the way up, force out as much air as possible before sealing and store flat in the.
When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well if you want to make freezer meals. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier. You can cook split pea and ham soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of split pea and ham soup
- It’s of pea and ham soup.
- Prepare 1 large of carrot.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of bacon hock.
- You need 1 packages of green split pea.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
You literally add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and then walk away while it cooks up one of the most fabulous, heart-warming, and rich split pea soups you've ever had the fortune to eat. And, remember, I grew up on. This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Purchased split peas at Whole Foods- out of dispenser (not pre-packaged) and they cooked perfectly, in accordance with recipe.
split pea and ham soup step by step
- slice around bacon hock skin with sharp knife to look like cubes.
- dice onion.
- dice potatoes small 1cm.
- chop onions 1cm.
- add bacon hock , carrots , potatoes , onions and salt to large pot cover with water about 2cm and put lid on check and stir frequently.
- when meat falls of bone add green split pea pack.
- keep checking and stirring until green and creamy can add more water as you go along.
This is the Classic Split Pea Soup loved by everyone, especially my family. Made with dried split peas and cooked with flavorful ham, split pea soup is warm, so satisfying, and great for leftovers. For a different spin on split pea soup, try this recipe. The flavor is peppery rather than smoky. —Barbara Link, Rancho Cucamonga, California. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.