Recipe: Delicious Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. It gets thicker as it cools.
We like to use sharp Cheddar cheese for extra flavor. You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish. Pro tip-use pre-shredded cheese to make the recipe even easier. You can cook Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
- Prepare 8 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of velveeta cheese.
- It’s 1 medium of diced onion.
- It’s 16 oz of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 5 cup of broth.
- Prepare 1 lb of ham.
This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. Bacon, carrots, onion, and potato make this one hearty and delicious soup! Do you make a ham for the holidays and tend to have leftovers? With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor!
Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup instructions
- Simmer leftover ham bone in pot for 2 hours..
- Bake 8 potatoes in oven at 400°F for 1 hour..
- In large pot, melt butter; add onions and sauté until soft..
- Add flour and some chicken broth to make paste and stir until thick..
- Add Velveeta cheese and sour cream..
- Cube baked potatoes and add..
- Cube ham and add..
- Let soup simmer and eat when at desired warmth..
We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas It takes a little more time than our other Potato soup, but it tastes PHENOMENAL. I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make! The perfect way to use up your ham leftovers. Ham soup filled to the brim with soft, tender potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and the option of making your own ham broth from a leftover ham bone!