Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. It gets thicker as it cools.
Add ground black pepper to taste and stir in the milk. Reviews for: Photos of Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup. This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham. You can have Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup
- It’s 3 cup of yellow potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 small of sweet onion chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of ham diced.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
It is the perfect recipe to use up your Christmas or Easter ham. We like to use sharp Cheddar cheese for extra flavor. You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish. This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham.
Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup step by step
- Using a medium sized stock pot, boil potatoes until desired tenderness. Reserve 1 cup of water from boiled potatoes then drain..
- In a small frying pan, sauté onion in butter until tender and translucent..
- Add onions, butter and flour to stock pot and stir together over low heat to make a roux (thickener)..
- Add potatoes, reserved liquid, milk, cheese and Ham to stock pot and simmer on medium heat 30-40 minutes stirring frequently until thickened..
- Serve with cornbread or fresh baked rolls. Garnish with shredded cheese..
It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook. The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas It takes a little more time than our other Potato soup, but it tastes PHENOMENAL. I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham.