Crock pot ham and bean soup. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day. This "no-soaking required" Ham and Bean soup takes just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in your Crock Pot all day long! Dinner is ready when you are!
As pointed out to me by some commenters on Ham Bone Vegetable Soup – Crock Pot Edition cooking the ham bone like this is making your own ham broth. This bean soup with ham can be made with canned beans or dried beans. I always have dried beans on hand but I also give instructions for using canned beans. You can cook Crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock pot ham and bean soup
- It’s 1 lb of white beans.
- It’s 1 of ham bone.
- Prepare 2 cup of diced ham.
- You need 36 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 2 of carrots- chopped.
- You need 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Tips for making Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup. Be sure to cut the celery, carrots, and onion as uniformly as possible for the most even. This slow cooker ham and bean soup is made with a mixture of dried beans, vegetables, tomatoes and diced ham, all cooked together for a hearty and flavorful meal. An easy crock pot dinner that's perfect for a cold night!
Crock pot ham and bean soup instructions
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
To freeze ham and bean soup, place it in a shallow dish in the refrigerator to chill. How to Make Ham and Bean Soup on the stove: In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat olive oil over I did soak my beans and discard the soaking water. I also just threw everything in the crock pot instead of. Ham and bean soup just isn't ham and bean soup without a buttery hunk of cornbread dunked in it. This cornbread also goes amazingly well with my crock pot chicken noodle soup.