How to Make Yummy Rachaels Split pea and ham soup
Rachaels Split pea and ham soup.
You can have Rachaels Split pea and ham soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rachaels Split pea and ham soup
- Prepare 1 packages of dry split peas.
- It’s 1 of ham bone with scraps.
- You need 4 of celery (chopped).
- You need 1 large of cubed sweet potato.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped garlic.
Rachaels Split pea and ham soup instructions
- Pour the split peas in a pot with 2 quarts of water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until they are softened. (the amount of water can change with the size of your bag of peas so you should cook according to what your directions suggest).
- In a separate pot bring the ham bone and scraps, celery tops and bottoms, onion chopped in half, garlic and carrot scraps to a boil in 2 1/2 quarts of water..
- After about an hour and a half strain the broth pot and add it to the split pea pot and mix in remaining ingredients. If you want extra ham you can add some now. Cook until thickened and the veggies are cooked through. (about another 45 minute).