Easiest Way to Make Delicious Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Bean Soup.
You can cook Ham and Bean Soup using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- Prepare 2 lb of ham shank.
- You need 1 lb of navy beans.
- You need of salt & pepper.
Ham and Bean Soup step by step
- Soak 1lb bag of navy beans in water for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Drain off dirty water. Put soaked beans into a large pot of water along with the ham shank..
- Boil on medium/low for about 3-4 hours. Stirring occasionally and adding water in as needed to keep covered..
- Remove ham shank and shred meat from bone. Removing fat from meat. Place back into pan with beans. Cook liquid down until its a nice soup consistency..