Recipe: Appetizing Cheesy broccoli and ham soup
Cheesy broccoli and ham soup. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Loaded with ham, cheese, potatoes and TONS of broccoli! It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year.
Broccoli- I love using fresh, but you can also use frozen. Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup- You can also make your own homemade version. This Ham Casserole is loaded with cheesy, creamy rice and perfectly cooked broccoli. You can have Cheesy broccoli and ham soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy broccoli and ham soup
- You need 1 gallon of ham stock (see my recipe for homemade ham stock).
- It’s 4 cup of cubed potatoes (cooked) or raw pasta of choice.
- You need 4 cup of veggies of choice (I chose broccoli).
- You need 2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 cup of cheese (1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar).
This creamy, cheesy vegetarian soup makes the perfect comfort food for wintertime. If adding ham to all, stir in to the soup. I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics!
Cheesy broccoli and ham soup step by step
- In a large soup pot over high heat boil the ham stock and if you are using pasta add that now and allow a minute to cook. Add the veggies and ham and cook for 5 minutes..
- Take about a cup of stock from the pot of broth and in a bowl mix the flour until there are no lumps. Add it to the soup, mix until it is combined..
- Continue mixing until it thickens (add more flour broth mixture if needed after a few minutes) then add the cheese, allow to combine then serve..
The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together! I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham. The best Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Soup is a play on a classic broccoli cheese soup with the addition of leftover ham. The perfect easy soup for a weeknight meal.