Mandys Christmas soup.
You can cook Mandys Christmas soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mandys Christmas soup
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of turkey (i'm using leftovers from christmas).
- It’s 2 lb of ham (using leftover from christmas dinner).
- You need 3 cubes of vegetable /or chicken stock/bullion.
- It’s 3 large of carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks or slices.
- You need 2 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 stick of celery, washed and chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of each of fresh thyme, sage and parsley.
- Prepare 2 of dry bay leaves.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 100 grams of soften butter.
- You need 100 grams of plain flour.
- You need 5 pints of cold water.
- You need 2 cup of frozen peas.
Mandys Christmas soup instructions
- Chop turkey, ham, carrots, onions, celery and fresh herbs https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/426434-mandys-boiled-ham.
- In a large stock pot add 4 tablespoons of oil gently heat. Add chopped veg and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add fresh herbs and bay leaves saute for 2 minutes.
- Add stock cubes, turkey and ham. Cover with water and bring to a boil..
- In a small bowl blend butter and flour into a roux to thicken soup once veg is cooked to fork tender (10 minutes).
- Gradually add some for the roux and cook until u get the thickness u like. You may need more or less it's Ur choice. (keep stirring until the roux blends into soup).
- Add two cups of frozen peas, season with salt and pepper, cooking for a further 5 minutes then serve with some crusty brown soda bread https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354442-mandys-grandmothers-famous-irish-brown-soda-bread.