Recipe: Yummy Chicken Soup
You can cook Chicken Soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Soup
- Prepare 200-250 ml of ham stock.
- Prepare of Chicken carcasses/bones/meat.
- You need 1 of small handful of fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Water as needed enough to fill most of the pan.
- You need 2 of small onions, peeled and cut in half.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, leaves included if you have them.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Rice or small pasta.
Chicken Soup step by step
- Add the chicken, onions, water, stock, celery, parsley to a large saucepan. At this point we're basically making the base for the chicken soup..
- Bring to the boil and then cook for 40-60 minutes over a medium/high heat..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to cool down enough to handle. Shred any meat from the chicken carcasses using your fingers and set aside..
- Using a sieve strain the liquid into another saucepan or container then return to the heat. Add the cooked onions and celery back to the liquid aswell (optional).
- In the meantime add the rice or pasta to the liquid and cook for 10-15 minutes or until its just about cooked (If using rice, rinse it under cold cold for a few minutes to remove some of the starch)..
- Add the shredded chicken back into the soup a few minutes before turning it off, just enough time to heat it up..