Vickys Creamy Yellow Pea and Ham Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Creamy Yellow Pea and Ham Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Creamy Yellow Pea and Ham Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 400 grams of dried yellow split peas, soaked in water overnight.
- It’s 200 grams of rindless diced bacon + another 50g rinsed well.
- You need 6 of large white potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 4 of medium carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1800 ml of ham stock (4 Knorr Ham cubes dissolved in boiling water).
- It’s 3 of finely diced spring onion/scallions.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper to taste.
Vickys Creamy Yellow Pea and Ham Soup, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Rinse the soaked split peas then put into a large pot with the potatoes, carrots, onion, 200g of the bacon and the ham stock.
- Bring to boil then simmer gently for 45 mins to an hour.
- Put the whole lot through a blender reserving a ladleful of the split peas so you have a smooth, thick puree.
- Add back in the ladle of split peas with the last 50g of uncooked diced bacon and the diced spring onion.
- Put the lid on the pot so the heat cooks the last of the bacon and spring onion through.
- Stir, season and serve with a lovely warm crusty bread, great for cold nights!.