Red lentil, potato and ham soup. Adding potatoes to this Easy Lentil Potato Soup makes is a lot more nutritious and filling. I've found out that soups with just lentils tend to often be Green lentils work best in this Easy Lentil Potato Soup Recipe. This classic, slow-simmered lentil soup is seasoned with ham and vegetables.
Cooked sliced smoked sausage or diced cooked. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to make and perfect to use up any leftovers! Picky eaters will ask for seconds. You can have Red lentil, potato and ham soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red lentil, potato and ham soup
- Prepare of soup.
- Prepare 1 of ham shank.
- You need 1 lb of Red lentil.
- You need 7 medium of potatoes.
- You need 1 pinch of coarse salt.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of water.
Ham and Potato Soup simmers away on the stove, pretty much taking care of itself, thickening into a delicious creamy base. Here is how this curried red lentil and sweet potato soup goes For this recipe, I chose to pair my red lentils with sweet potato, for an autumn-appropriate vegetarian dish. The subtle sweetness of the sweet potato is nicely enveloped in the warmth and earthiness of mild curry, paprika and bay leaf. Moroccan Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup – This is a healthy, hearty vegetarian soup that's so deliciously flavorful no one will even miss the meat!
Red lentil, potato and ham soup instructions
- Soak the lentils over night.
- Place ham shank in your crock pot with 1 litre of water and the salt. Dont over salt it, the ham could have enough. You could always add more if needed.
- Cook on slow for 6 hours.
- Drain the water from the lentils.
- Add to the crock pot and cook for a further 4 hours. Add the rest of the water..
Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and lentils. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes have softened, about. This hearty and delicious Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Red Lentil Soup ticks all the boxes: healthy, vegan, gluten free and Slimming World friendly. And I have a new soup obsession – Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Red Lentil Soup. OMG it is so good that even my husband who thinks soup 'is not.