Recipe: Perfect PUMPKIN SOUP
PUMPKIN SOUP. This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for.
Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. You can cook PUMPKIN SOUP using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of PUMPKIN SOUP
- It’s 1 cup of sliced carrot.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped green pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chilopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 can of (15 oz) pumpkin.
- It’s 1 can of (14 oz) low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 can of (14 oz) light unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 medium of or 2 tbsp diced canned jalapeno pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cilantro.
Your mama's gonna be so proud. Pumpkin soup is what we all crave come October, but the idea of starting with an actual pumpkin? The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video!
PUMPKIN SOUP step by step
- In large saucepan cook carrot, sweet pepper and onion in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat..
- In bowl combine pumpkin, coconut milk, and broth. Stir in brown sugar, jalapeño pepper, salt, and ginger..
- Stir pumpkin mixture into cooked vegetable mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro before serving..
- 3/4 cup is 94 calories, 5 g fat, 2 g fiber and protein, 13 g carb.
This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin Soup is one of the best fall soups you'll ever taste. A creamy base is loaded with bacon, pumpkin, spices, and pureed until smooth. This easy squash soup is the perfect fall recipe! Pumpkin soup in the fall is something that never gets old.