Recipe: Delicious Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup
Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup.
You can cook Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 litre of ham stock. I use the stock from cooking a gammon joint but ham stock cubes are fine. Chicken or vegetable stock cubes are perfectly acceptable but will modify the taste.
- You need 1 of medium potato, diced.
- Prepare 250 g of cooked ham, diced.
- Prepare 600 g of Frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of dollop per soup bowl crème fraîche.
- It’s to taste of Seasoning.
Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a stock pot or large saucepan and gently fry the onions for 3 minutes or until soft..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry for another minute..
- Add 200g of the ham, the potato and the stock. Stir well and bring to the boil..
- Add the frozen peas, stir and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove from heat and whizz in a blender to get a smooth consistency..
- Season to taste but go easy on the salt as ham stock can be salty..
- Serve piping hot, distributing the remaining 50g of diced ham between the soup bowls and adding a small dollop of crème fraîche to each bowl..
- Serve with granary bread or crusty rolls for a nourishing meal in itself..