Recipe: Delicious Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup.
You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon cut into small pieces (you can also use half a ham steak cubed).
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 2 Stalks of celery chopped.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of medium squash, washed seeded and cubed.
- You need 32 oz of chicken stock (approx. 6 cups)… all the vegetables she’d be covered.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Start cooking bacon(or ham) until half cooked. Then add the onions, celery, carrots, potatoes and squash, and cook with bacon for 5 min or until lightly softened. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Enjoy!.