KCs Split Pea Soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is the best split pea soup recipe! I've made it three times, and am making it again right now with the ham bone left over from Easter dinner.
There's something about winter that just begs for the making of split pea soup, wouldn't you agree? It's soup weather, and split pea soup is one of my personal favorites! It's so easy to whip up, you'll never eat it from a can again. You can have KCs Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of KCs Split Pea Soup
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of dried,split peas.
- You need 2 quart of cold water.
- It’s 2 of onions, thinly chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried marjoram.
- You need 3 of stalks celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1 of potato,chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of chopped ham.
To be honest, I've always been on the fence about split pea soup, as it always seemed a bit ho-hum to me, but this recipe changed my opinion. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well if you want to make freezer meals. I used smoked ham hocks which give the soup such a great smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham.
KCs Split Pea Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, cover peas with cold water and soak overnight.
- add remaining ingredients and cook slowly, uncovered 30-40 minutes until vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
Freezing Split Pea and Ham Soup: Portion the soup into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers or fill an airtight container as much as possible (to To Freeze Split Pea and Ham Soup Freezer Bags: Fill three-quarters of the way up, force out as much air as possible before sealing and store flat in the. Hearty, protein packed split pea soup made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful.