Black bean (soup)/Black beans and rice. Beans and peas, such as lentils, black beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans (chickpeas), can be used to add color, flavor and texture to your favorite soup or Since brands of beans vary in firmness, experiment with different brands until you find one you like. Add all the beans, tomatoes, and Peppadew® Piquanté peppers, and cilantro, stir to combine. Add the rice, bring to a boil and lower the heat back to low.
If so, you can easily cook the black beans and the ham hock using a pressure cooker, greatly reducing the total time it takes to make this soup. A friend brought this recipe to a gathering, and it's been a hit with my family ever since! I use brown rice for more fiber and I used seasoned black beans and did not rinse them. You can have Black bean (soup)/Black beans and rice using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black bean (soup)/Black beans and rice
- You need 2 can of black beans.
- You need 1 medium of red onion.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of hot pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 envelope of ham flavor seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 1 dash of Sherry.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pick-a-Pepper sauce (original).
- You need 4 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of white rice.
I would definitely make it again. I might try shredded chicken in place of. This Southwestern black bean soup is a quick and easy recipe made from pantry staples. How to make Black bean soup.
Black bean (soup)/Black beans and rice instructions
- Begin heating olive oil in medium sized pot on med-low, put in onions, garlic and hot pepper..
- Mince garlic cloves, onion and hot pepper. (For reduced heat, remove the seeds.).
- Rinse beans in water to remove excess sodium and add to pot once onions and garlic have begun to cook, 2-3 mins.
- Add water, salt, pepper and ham packet, mixing to combine ingredients. *Add Pick-a-pepper sauce if using here..
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 20 mins..
- *If including Sherry, add after 10-15 mins..
- For best consistency, smash approximately 1/2 the beans (or use a food processor) and recombine in pot. Serve!.
- This dish works very well when served with rice as well if a less soupy consistency is desired..
As well as the chicken broth. I served it with a mound of cilantro-lime rice in the middle and some avocado slices on top, which helped make it a full. This Cuban black bean soup is made from scratch with dried black beans, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, and vinegar. Cubans tend to serve this soup alongside or on top of white rice. A dollop of homemade Mexican or Central American crema or some chopped white onion and parsley or cilantro.