Potato soup. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious.
Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor! This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished with a little cream for extra richness. All Reviews for Absolutely Ultimate Potato Soup. You can cook Potato soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato soup
- You need 4 cup of Chicken broth or chicken bouillion.
- You need 5 of Russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Instant potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped ham.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting! With only a few ingredients this soup comes together quickly on the stovetop. Load it up with all your favorite toppings for the ultimate in comfort. Whip up this simple soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a beautiful silky texture.
Potato soup step by step
- Pour broth in pot over med great.
- Peel and chop potatoes and onions.
- Add to broth mixture along with ham and season.
- Add instant potatoes.
- Add cheese and cream continue stirring constantly until heated through.
- Tasted add additional salt and pepper if.needed.
Potato soup is such a fall classic. Tender pieces of creamy russet potatoes mingle with onions, garlic, and salty pancetta for a bowl of soul-soothing solace. The only possible upgrade to this classic is to. It really is the best potato soup recipe, ever. I came up with it after enjoying baked potato soup at one of our favorite restaurants.