Easy Potato Soup.
You can cook Easy Potato Soup using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Potato Soup
- Prepare 5 large of potatoes – peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 of ham steak.
- Prepare 1 large of jar of cheese whiz (store brand okay).
- Prepare 4 of green onions – chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
Easy Potato Soup instructions
- Shred the ham steak. Combine potatoes, ham, green onions, salt and pepper in a 10 qt pot and cover with water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down temperature and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are almost done. Add bacon grease. Once the bacon grease melts, add cheese whiz. Stir and continue to simmer until mixture thickens..
- If you like your soup to be a little bit thicker, add cornstarch until soup is to desired consistency..
- TIP in place of bacon grease and ham steak, you can substitute a leftover ham bone. Simply boil the ham bone then remove it from the water. Shred whatever meat is left on the bone and add it back to water. Also use the water you boiled the bone in to cook the potatoes. Follow the rest of the steps from the beginning….excluding adding bacon grease and ham steak.
- TIP you can serve with corn bread and top with shredded cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, or whatever you can think of. Enjoy!.