How to Prepare Tasty Split Pea Soup
Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Split Pea Soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup
- It’s 1 large of Ham Hock.
- It’s 8 cup of Frozen or Canned Peas.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter or Margarine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chicken Bouion.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
Split Pea Soup step by step
- Place Ham Hock, Peas and Water in Crock pot. Turn on Crock pot to low..
- Chop onion and saute in butter..
- Add onion and butter to crock pot. After 5 hours on low, turn crock put on high..
- After 3 hours on high, remove the Ham Hock and debone it. Chop the ham and set aside..
- Puree the Peas and Onions. This can be done with either a submersion blender or a regular blender..
- Put everything (including the ham) back in the crock pot, add chicken boullion, salt and pepper. Serve immediately or leave in crock pot, on warm, until ready to serve..