Chunky Potato Soup.
You can have Chunky Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chunky Potato Soup
- It’s 3 medium of red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of cubed, cooked ham.
Chunky Potato Soup instructions
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender..
- Drain, reserving liquid..
- Set aside potatoes..
- Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary. set aside..
- Peel and finely chop onion..
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat..
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown..
- Add flour to saucepan..
- Season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste..
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes..
- Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in sauce. stir well..
- Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently..