Recipe: Yummy Wonderful Baked Potato Soup
Wonderful Baked Potato Soup. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux. A whole lot of potatoes are baked then combined with whole milk, bacon bits, sour cream and The last recipe you'll ever have to get for Baked Potato Soup. It's thick soup and could be served with Wonderful recipe for people new to making soup.
This has been one of my most popular soup recipes. It is like eating pure LOVE. Whenever we have baked potatoes for dinner, I always bake a few extra just for this soup. You can have Wonderful Baked Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonderful Baked Potato Soup
- It’s 5 of Potatoes, baked and cooled.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Butter.
- You need 5 of Green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 6 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shedded Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 8 oz of Sour Cream.
- You need 3 cup of Ham, cut into chuncks.
- You need 2 slice of Bacon, cooked and crumbled.
This thickens the soup and adds a wonderful level of flavor. The key is to cook the roux until it changes into a very lovely brown color and smells kind of nutty and caramelly. Loaded Baked Potato Soup is my definition of pure comfort food. All you need is a warm bowl of it, some crusty bread and a comfy blanket.
Wonderful Baked Potato Soup instructions
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; use a spoon to separate the potato from the skins. Discard skins. Set potato aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 4 of the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in flour, stirring constantly until smooth until smooth.
- Stir in milk and increase heat to high. Continue to stir until mixture thickens..
- Lower heat to medium; add potato, cheese, ham, salt, and pepper. Heat through until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream..
- Garnish bowls of soup with cheese, onions, and crumbled bacon..
- This also makes amazing left overs!.
Also, adding some bacon to cook with the potatoes will add an amazingly rich flavor to the soup. Using fresh onion and garlic will also add lots of flavors. baked potato soup. We're on day two of something called a "wintry mix" which I So I was almost done with soup when I starting thinking about baked potatoes and how it's been too long since I had a great one and how awesome. This easy Baked Potato Soup is a family favorite. It is a great way to use leftover baked potatoes.