How to Prepare Appetizing Split Pea Soup
Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Split Pea Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup
- You need 1 of or 2 Ham Hocks.
- You need 3 of or 4 quarts of water.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 of stalks celery – cut up.
- Prepare 6 of to 10 baby carrots chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 2 dash of of peppers.
Split Pea Soup instructions
- Let ham hocks, water, onions, baby carrots, celery, salt, Italian seasoning and peppers simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- Add 1 bag of spit peas (If you like the soup thicker, add another half bag of split pea).
- Simmer until the peas are soft..
- Tast and see if more salt is needed..