Recipe: Perfect 15 Bean Soup Recipe
15 Bean Soup Recipe.
You can have 15 Bean Soup Recipe using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb of pkg. mixed beans.
- You need 1 lb of smoked ham, hocks or sausage.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of 15 oz can tomatoes; stewed, diced or peeled.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
15 Bean Soup Recipe step by step
- Wash beans and discard water. Place beans in a big pot and cover with 2 quarts of water. You may allow them to soak up to 8 hours. They may be prepared without soaking, but cooking time will lengthen..
- After soaking, drain the water off and add 2 more quarts water and all ingredients, except salt. Bring to rolling boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 hours or until the beans are soft..
- Salt to taste during the last 30 minutes or so of cooking time. If you add salt earlier, the beans will take longer to get soft..
- Serve warm with a pan of fresh homemade cornbread..