Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Ham And Bean Soup
Ham And Bean Soup. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day. This "no-soaking required" Ham and Bean soup takes just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in your Crock Pot all day long! Dinner is ready when you are!
Nana's Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup Recipe: A simple, yet utterly tempting, ham and bean soup recipe is a great way to use your leftover holiday ham bone. Navy beans or cannellini beans would work well in this soup; just test a bean for doneness at the end of the cook time to make sure they are tender. This ham and bean soup is one of my favorite pressure cooker recipes! You can cook Ham And Bean Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham And Bean Soup
- You need 1 lb of Dried navy beans.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions.
- You need 2 tsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare 2 of Celery ribs, chopped.
- It’s 10 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 cup of Fully cooked cubed ham.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mashed potatoes, without milk and butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of Meaty ham bone or 2 smoked ham hocks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Minced fresh parsley.
This Instant Pot soup tastes like it cooked all day, but it's ready in less than two hours! Big thanks to Hurst's Beans for sponsoring this post. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make! It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover Ham and bean soup was one of my mom's go-to dinners growing up.
Ham And Bean Soup step by step
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid..
- In the same pan, saute onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery; cook until tender. Stir in the beans, water, ham, potatoes, carrot, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaves. Add ham bone. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender..
- Discard bay leaves. Remove ham bone; and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove ham from bone and cut into cubes. Discard bone. Return ham to soup; heat through. Garnish soup with parsley. Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts)..
Almost every single Sunday she made roast beef or ham and so of course when. Ham Hock and bean soup in Instant Pot, Crock pot or slow cooker. But when you make ham and bean soup in the Instant Pot, you'll be in for a real treat! The time to make a huge batch like this is literally under an hour and a half, but without sacrificing flavor and texture. Can I Freeze Ham and Bean Soup?