Recipe: Tasty Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- Prepare of Soup mix.
- Prepare 16 oz of Dried green split peas..
- Prepare 2 of Ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham.
- It’s 3 of Carrots, peeled and sliced..
- You need 1/2 cup of Onion. Chopped.
- You need 2 of Ribs of celery plus leaves. Chopped..
- You need 2 clove of Garlic. Minced..
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 6 cup of Hot water.
- It’s of Optional but delicious.
- Prepare 1 cup of Andouille Sausage cut into 1/4" rounds.
Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup step by step
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients..
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Chop meat into bite sized pieces..
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired..
- About an hour before you are ready to serve brown sausage and add to soup. if you are going to add this option..
- Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well..