Recipe: Yummy Slow-cooker Potato Soup
Slow-cooker Potato Soup.
You can have Slow-cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Potato Soup
- You need 5 lb of potatoes, scrubbed and diced to 1in pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of carrot, raw and finely diced.
- It’s 1 cup of celery, finely diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 8 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of diced ham or smoked pork picnic shoulder (bought precooked).
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- It’s 2 cup of dried potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes).
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese (8oz, softened).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Slow-cooker Potato Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes to 7 qt crockpot. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Add cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes. Stir to combine CAREFULLY , crock pot will be VERY FULL. Taste soup and add desired salt and pepper. Put lid back on pot and continue to cook on high for 20-30 minutes (this ensures the cream cheese breaks down completely). Stir and serve..
- Notes : Easy with the salt as both the stock and ham will already be full of sodium. Potato flakes can be adjusted for desired consistancy. No, you don't peel the potatoes. To keep left overs and serve again, cool crock pot down at room temp and put in fridge overnight, an hour before serving heat on low. Do NOT leave on warm overnight or you'll just have a goopy pot of mashed potatoes..